Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lord.....please....

Sometimes we are ignorant of other people's feelings and what they go through just to make us happy,or give us the best. Not because they don't matter to us or because we really don't want to know. It's because we just don't think about it. It never really pops up in our minds.
My cousin, Smith, called this morning. He told me how he had gone to see my father and the amount of stress my father seemed to be going through.
It got me really thinking. If my dad had done things differently,if he had sent me somewhereelse, if he didn't believe in me and my capabilities, he wouldn't be going through this.
Honestly, before now, I never took into consideration what he must be going through to have sent me so far away from home. I never looked at things from his point of view and because of that, I'm never cautious about what I do and don't do.
After speaking to my cousin, I realised that everything I did had an effect on my dad. One way or another. Being an only child, I tend to be very selfish...I'm not saying only children are selfish, but the tendency is higher..
...i stray...
I realised, anyway, that I had to start thinking about other people and not just myself. I needed to put myself in their shoes and behave the way I would want me to behave if I were them.
Unlike my father, I don't believe in myself that much...which is kind of good because it makes me remember God....I should remember Him more often, I know that.....I hope to change real soon too...
..i stray again...
so as I step into today...I've got one prayer on my mind...
Lord, please make my daddy proud of me....

Making my dad proud of me covers everything. My relationship with God, the way I treat people including my dad, and making all his stress worthwhile and not a waste....